Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's been awhile!

Hey yall! So sorry about the lack of posts! I need to somehow try to incorporate blogging into my "routine." I know later on I'm going to be kicking myself in the booty for not writing things down!

Here's some topics to update about:

Clay - is GROWING! O my goodness... everyDAY he surprises me. He definitely doesn't act like a newborn anymore. He is one hyper boy who kicks constantly and is swinging his arms around. So truth be known, he catches me or my glasses atleast once in a day and it makes me laugh everytime. He's a strong little booger and loves grabbing on to things in sight. We used to be able to lay him on our big bathroom counter, it was sort of the "changing area" BUT now everything is too close in reach for him. He knocks everything off the counter and laughs! He was a big talker starting early and he hasn't stopped yet! We gurgle now... he gurgles and then I gurgle and we go back and forth like that for a few minutes. He loves that and I do too. I feel like we are actually communicating. He is holding his bottle up now too.... but when he starts drifting off is when he needs help. He is in FULL teething mode now and it's not the funnest. He is drooling on everything and crabby some days. Everyday you can bet I'm checking for a tooth :) He loves the TV too.... almost too much! I guess it's just bright and noisy so that's why he likes to look at it. He still loves his pacifier too but only for sleeping. He used to want it the entire time he wasn't eating, but now he only wants it when he's going to sleep or upset. He WANTS to crawl so bad. He rears up and just moves his arms fast. I'll put a toy in front of him, giving him a goal, and he'll wear his little self out! :) Sleeping is still wonderful. He goes to bed anywhere between 8 & 9;30 and wakes up around 6. These past few days he has woke once in the night because of teething... which is really hard being that he has slept through the night for a few months now. But we managed fine and we're all doing just great.

Job - I'm still loving my job!!! Love the people and my customers! It's been the first job I haven't dreaded everyday going too. I'm continuing to learn everyday and meet my goals everyday. I love my two bosses too, they're great about giving me a day off for Clay's appointments. It's a great feeling that my job doesn't try to take priority in my life. Clay comes first and they don't have a problem with that at all!

Dennis & I - We learn things everyday! Either about Clay, parenting, or any other thing related to a relationship. We have so much fun, everyday, minus a few grumpy days. But we really do have fun, just playing with Clay is how we spend most of our evenings. We play this game called "Clay make a sound." We play this when one of us wants something, for instance I'll say, "Clay make a sound if you want daddy to wash the dishes." It's pretty hilarious, because Clay has no idea what we are saying, he just knows his mama & dad are in his face waiting for him to make a sound! Sometimes he just sits there and stares at us like we are both crazy :)

Food/Clothing - Clay is eating 8oz. now and occasionally 6 oz. He loves to eat and as long as the pediatrician is okay with that amount I am too. He is in 6-9month clothes too. The one-size fits all sleepers are not fitting anymore :( We also bought his first real pair of real shoes last month.. size 2 :)

All in all... things are going well. It seems like there is never enough hours in the day, but once I get off work and pick up Clay it seems like nothing could get better. I really thank god everyday for Clay and for my situation, it seems like everything fell into place one Clay arrived and that's the truth. We have a good routine of taking Clay to the sitter's (we'll call her Pat for blogging purposes:)) and one of us picking him up @ 5. On the days I work till 7, Dennis picks him up, and on those days boy can I not wait to get home. I sometimes wish I didn't have to work, and I could be with Clay everyday all day. But I know that's not realistic at this time and I do love working and getting a paycheck so it balances out. I know too that it's best for Clay that I work and add to our household's income. :)

I'm going to make a BETTER effort to blog more, so I don't have to write novels on here every once a month when I update. I even told Dennis to remind to do it when I'm just surfing the web... we'll see how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers